Total Pageviews

Monday 13 April 2009

Staropramen Review

Staropramen (5%) is a premium Czech Lager from Prague and has been brewed there since 1869.

I know that Staropramen is a well loved lager and if I am honest, I am a little surprised, to the point where I may have to re-review at a later date, as the pub where the lager was consumed may be at fault.

The main thing that I have taken away from drinking Staropramen is that it starts out with a fresh hoppy taste but deteriorates very quickly. The first pint was enjoyable but the second far less so. Half way into my second pint it became quite sickly but also lost its taste very rapidly and by the end of that pint it felt like drinking fizzy water (or possibly even IPA that had been put through a soda stream).

I will come back and review this again once obtained from a different public house, but I found the taste to be underwhelming and disappointing. This is my first review so please come back with any further comments if you disagree. I will be working up a more intense reviewing system over the next few weeks, with a little help from my friend Xantiriad (or Gary), that will be more vigorous and give more information as to specific tastes and qualities. Reviews made before then will be replaced by the better reviewing process.

I am awarding Staropramen 2/5 for now, however still worth trying out.

Reveiw by Beer Chimp (Mike).

No comments:

Post a Comment